What is PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition that affects a woman’s hormone levels and problems with metabolism.
PCOS is a common health condition experienced by one out of 10 women of childbearing age. Proper diet & exercise can help reduce the impact of PCOS.
PCOS/PCOD diet can include the following foods:
- High-fiber foods
- Natural, unprocessed foods
- Spinach, kale, and other dark, leafy greens
- Broccoli and cauliflower
- Fatty fish, including salmon, tuna, sardines, and mackerel
- Dark red fruits, such as red grapes, blueberries, blackberries, and cherries
- Dried beans, lentils, and other legumes
- Spices, such as turmeric and cinnamon
- Healthful fats, such as olive oil, as well as avocados and coconuts
- Nuts, including almonds, pine nuts, walnuts, and pistachios
Today you’ll learn the 4 easy, delicious recipes for PCOS / PCOS, Thyroid:
1. Moong Dal Chilla Recipe
2. Oats Dosa Recipe
3. Bhagar (Barnyard Millet) Upma Recipe
4. Rajgira (Amaranth) Paratha Recipe
Foods to avoid:
In general, people on a PCOS/PCOD diet should avoid the following foods:
- Fried foods, such as fast food.
- Sugary beverages, such as sodas and energy drinks.
- Refined carbohydrates, such as mass-produced pastries and white bread.
- Processed meats, such as hot dogs, sausages, and luncheon meats.
- Solid fats, including margarine, shortening, and lard.
- Excess red meat, such as steaks, hamburgers, and pork.