Oats dosa recipe is quick, instant to prepare, and makes up for a healthy breakfast for your busy mornings. Adding it to your regular diet is so healthy for your body and as a result helpful in losing weight.
Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Oats:
- Incredibly Nutritious
- Contain many powerful antioxidants
- High in the soluble fiber beta-glucan
- Can lower cholesterol levels
- Help lower blood sugar levels
- Helps in Weight Loss
- Help relieve constipation
Oats Dosa is made with oats flour. It’s instant, it does not require soaking rice and lentils, grinding them into a batter, and fermenting like the traditional dosa recipe.
Recipe for Instant Oats Dosa:nnIngredients:
- 1 cup (60g) Oats
- 2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Coriander & Cumin powder
How to make Oats Dosa?
- In a mixer grinder, take 1 cup quick-cooking oats or rolled oats
- Grind coarsely the oats. If you already have oats flour, then take 1 cup oats flour for this recipe.
- Transfer the Oats flour to a large bowl
- Add 2 cups of water
- Mix the batter
- Stir and mix thoroughly until you get a smooth consistency without any lumps
- Add ½ tsp red chili powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp coriander & cumin powder, and salt to taste
- Mix again
- Check the batter pouring consistency
- Heat a cast-iron skillet/Tawa or a nonstick frying pan on medium to medium-high heat
- Add few drops of oil and grease the Tawa/pan
- Stir again the batter in the bowl and fill a ladle with batter and pour it on Tawa/pan in a circular direction
- Cook the dosa on medium to medium-high heat
- When cooked from one side, you will see that the edges loosen up and separated from the pan
- Flip the dosa, if the base becomes crisp and golden
- When the second side is cooked, flip again to the first side
- Fold the dosa on the Tawa/pan
- Transfer it to a plate
Serve Oats dosa hot with Green Chutney/Tomato Chutney/Flax seeds Chutney.